Album Art

Mark Lee

If you mean downloaded artwork, that would depend on the artwork it finds online. There are some quality & resolution settings in PA Settings > Album Art that might help.

It's generally a better idea to have your artwork embedded in the audio files in the first place though, but with a large collection it can take quite some time to curate all of that of course, but once done you never need to worry about it again.

Andre

Embedded artwork won't be exported by the Backup feature, it is already contained in the music file so there is usually no need to downloaded another copy (unless you choose to override the embedded cover). The Backup feature saves any auto-downloaded images and any images you manually selected within the app.

Andre

@Mark Lee I would highly recommend you make some of these batch changes on a computer with one of the widely available tag editors. (My preference is mp3tag, but there are many others). This is by far easier than trying to do it on a mobile device and likely much faster. Plus it will ensure you are making the changes on your library stored at home, much more secure than any mobile or uSD card in my opinion.

You can have most of these apps show you a list of your files that don't have embedded tags. Many can scour the web to fill them in if you choose, even letting you pick a minimum or maximum file size or image dimension. But while you are in there you can also use them to update all of the other tag fields like Artist, AlbumArtist, Album, etc. This will provide the best backbone for your audio files, and let Poweramp do what it does best - play your music on the go.

Don't have a computer/laptop, I always go through the tags when I've either downloaded or ripped, in the days, so I think I should be ok, was more concerned that if it happened to me it might have happened to someone else who might not be so lucky.