1. Embedded Artwork 2. Shuffle within Hierarchy

maritimer555

Hi Folks,

I’m having trouble running Poweramp on my Dasaita Max6 Android 9 PX6 car head unit  .

Quite often my unit will not show the imbedded artwork while playing a song. When I go check on the song that isn’t showing artwork I click artwork and see there is tHe correct imbedded artwork. I click it and it won’t update at all.  Then sometimes the next day or so the troubling file will show the imbedded artwork. 

My second question surrounds my ability to shuffle songs. I have music on the internal memory as well as 2 separate USB sticks. When I try to shuffle an entire USB stick of music or even a folder with the USB stick it often does not stay on shuffle. It will work for several songs then it stays on the same artist. How do I make it stay on shuffle?

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

What version of PA, and how are you running it (on your phone via Bluetooth, in Android Auto, or running the app directly on the head-unit)?

Andre

Hi Andre,

I’m sorry I posted with incomplete information. 
I’m running version 2.9.2 full version - is there a newer version?

I'm running the music via usb sticks directly connected to the Dasaita unit. One of the drives is actually in the internal micro SD card inside the Dasaita. 
I really don’t play my music via my phone with the Dasaita or Poweramp. 

@maritimer555 I don't think there is Poweramp 2.9.2. The Poweramp version/build is available in Settings / About.

1. I guess something is not compatible with the Android in the ROM. You can try to get Full report from Developers settings (right after you started the track) if you have this and send to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com, or send a log from Poweramp preferable to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com and I will investigate, but most probably some critical Android component fails, such as ashmem support.

2. If you want to shuffle the specific folders (and subfolders and tracks within its hierarchy), use Folders Hierarchy category, navigate to the target folder and hit shuffle in the folder header. That shuffles exactly that folder + hierarchy contents.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@maritimer555 I don't think there is Poweramp 2.9.2. The Poweramp version/build is available in Settings / About.

1. I guess something is not compatible with the Android in the ROM. You can try to get Full report from Developers settings (right after you started the track) if you have this and send to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com, or send a log from Poweramp preferable to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com and I will investigate, but most probably some critical Android component fails, such as ashmem support.

2. If you want to shuffle the specific folders (and subfolders and tracks within its hierarchy), use Folders Hierarchy category, navigate to the target folder and hit shuffle in the folder header. That shuffles exactly that folder + hierarchy contents.

I will have to pay more attention to what I post. I included info on the car launcher (Agama) i was using and not PA.

The PA I'm running is build -911-arm64-play(911004-cb218340) / full version  64 bit

with Poweramp Full version Unlocker build 302.

The next time inn the car i will try to send the report- not sure how to do so in the car but I'll look into it.

as for your second point re Shuffle- that is how I'm doing it now.

Thanks for the replies.

Re shuffling a hierarchy: it can work in two ways. Either shuffle the subfolders (one by one) and then shuffle each of their contents, or shuffle everything from all subfolders completely randomly. See Settings > Library > Lists >Shuffle All Songs in Folder Hierarchy. If a re-shuffle occurs (maybe due to file system changes, or stopping and restarting) then it will default back to ordered playing rather than all subcontents. 

Andre