Played Times To Be Faster To Look Up

DonTheRevo

I would like a feature (being able to turn it on and off) where we would be able to see the play count without having to click on the each individual song in order to see it. The said counter could be placed somewhere where I put the marker on the picture. Played count is something that I, and I assume many others like to see, but it takes so much time to click on the each individual song. This would save time.

IMG_20211208_020455.jpg

I love the way everyone has different needs.  For me, play counts are completely irrelevant and basically pointless, and I've never looked at them other than for testing purposes. I just listen to what I like, whether I've heard it twice or ten times before doesn't really matter.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I love the way everyone has different needs.  For me, play counts are completely irrelevant and basically pointless, and I've never looked at them other than for testing purposes. I just listen to what I like, whether I've heard it twice or ten times before doesn't really matter.

Andre

I agree with you, I can’t understand how play count should influence listening on your own device. But like stated, everyone has their needs and requests.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:33 AM, andrewilley said:

I can see how play count could be useful in some new Smart Shuffle mode (to bias towards songs that have never/rarely been played) but otherwise, other than academic interest, I can't see what the fuss is about. I'd love to know what people actually use it for?

Andre

Since we have an option to sort by play count, I figured it would be nice to be able to see the play count somewhere besides the song, as clicking on each song to see how many times it was played can take some time. The option could be turned off and on, the same way as the rating system. It's just more convenient to have it somewhere on the side. I like seeing how many times I have played a certain song, it's even better when you have a lot of them.