Scan wont load all 91 albums

Micoll

After I have added more albums they are not recognised when I do a rescan. I have activated the setting where the SD card is rescanned on remounting.

Is there a maximum number of albums the library can hold?

The SD card is 32gb size and is 23% used.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Thanks Mike

I have over 7,000 songs in 400 folders, taking up 60Gb of SD Card space, so your collection is in no way excessive.

Have you tried a FULL Rescan in PA Settings > Library ? Are there any particular folders or files which don't scan, or is it random each time? I assume all of your music locations are enabled in PA Settings > Library > Music Folders ?

Andre

Hi Andre, I was also getting the message that the SD card was unmounted. This was not true. BUT after the original post I found the hint that one needs to enable the location. This improved the situation. I hadn't done the FULL scan as you suggested. This I did and all seems to be fine now. Don't get the unmounted SD card info. Everything now seems to play fine. I do get one small hiccup in that one album has decided to split itself into several albums. Yet when I look at the folder in file explorer on the laptop it is all in one folder. Many thanks. Mike

5 hours ago, Micoll said:

I do get one small hiccup in that one album has decided to split itself into several albums. Yet when I look at the folder in file explorer on the laptop it is all in one folder.

Is this a compilation album? Your best bet is to put all of the various artists folders into a main folder called Various Artists and then use folder browsing.

folder.jpg

5 hours ago, Micoll said:

I do get one small hiccup in that one album has decided to split itself into several albums. Yet when I look at the folder in file explorer on the laptop it is all in one folder.

That would be down to missing or incorrect tag data in some of the files. You can long-press on any song and select 'Info/Tags' to see the embedded tag data containing within that file. For small changes you can even edit the tags (file-by-file) within the app, but for a lot of changes I'd suggest using a computer-based batch tag editor.

In particular, for a set of songs to be considered as being part of one album, the two tags Album and Album Artist must be consistent across all the files. The Artist tag can vary though, which is often the case for compilation albums or when some tracks have different guest artists, etc.  As long as those tags are correct, the files don't actually need to be stored in the same folders - although that makes file management and folder-based browsing easier of course.

Andre

If, as Andre has suggested, the problem is with your tagging, and as long as you have Windows, a great free tagger is MP3Tag. Here's a screenshot of how I have my tags. Note that the "Album Artist" is Various Artists, while the "Artist" is the name of the individual band per song. Also, if you haven't already, add ReplayGain tagging. Foobar 2000 can do that. Look up how. Hope this helps.

tags.jpg

Edited by John Doe
Changed Picture