Poweramp Version: 2.0.2 build-458 (Full version)

Device: VZW HTC Thunderbolt

Android Version: 2.3.4

Custom ROM: No.

Just as the topic proclaims: the filter feature has not worked for me since I upgraded to version 2.0. The feature for searching works (the all encompassing search feature where I have the press the spyglass button on the phone), but the filter feature (accessed by touching underneath, say, a folder directory) shows me 0 displayed results on typing in anything at all, even a single letter.

The old school version of the filter feature (which, if I recall, was accessed via the spyglass button) worked fine for me in 1.4. I find it hard to believe that this is a problem unique to me, but maybe it is. I really miss the filter feature; it was fantastic because I have several folders with 300+ songs in them and want to search within that folder without having to type in more letters than necessary while, say, driving.

It may be worth noting that I'm sorting things within folders by file name title in Poweramp, but if I recall the feature still wasn't working even before I fiddled with those settings.

Any help or bug fixes you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

- C.J.

I thank you for your quick response, but I'm afraid that I already knew how to access the filter feature; it's simply not working. This may be a problem unique to me, I don't know, but here, I'll show you some pictures to show you what I'm talking about (I apologize in advance for the blurriness of the quality, my phone camera is my best camera and I used my laptop's built in camera to take these, but you should still be able to see what I'm talking about).

Here's my phone in a folder list (in this case, Pantera):

filter1f.jpg

Now I access the filter feature:

filter2.jpg

A text entry box appears and the filter menu drops down, as expected. But, as soon as I type even one letter...

filter3p.jpg

As you can see, I typed in the letter "i" for the first song on the list, "Immortally Insane", and got 0 filtered results. Indeed, the list is entirely blanked out. I try again, this time with the second song on the list, "13 Seconds to Nowhere":

filter4.jpg

Typing in the numbers "13" for the beginning of the song title avails me nothing. Still 0 filtered results, as I hope you can see. This is the result with ANY symbol or letter that I put into the search field, regardless of list.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, but I just updated to THE the newest edition of Poweramp 2.0 that was released yesterday and this still happens. It is puzzling indeed.

Once again, any comment/bug fixes on your part that you can offer would be incredibly helpful. I miss the filter feature very much. Thank you for your time.

- C.J.

• 2 weeks later...

Poweramp Version: 2.0.4 build-467 (Full version)

Device: VZW HTC Thunderbolt

Android Version: 2.3.4

Custom ROM: No.

As of the latest update of Poweramp (today's), the filter feature is still not working for folder hierarchy sorting. I did some checks and the filter feature is working with the LIBRARY sorting method. However, this is useless to me since the FOLDER hierarchy sorting method is the entire reason I purchased Poweramp in the first place, as is (I am sure) the case with many other customers. If I wanted to use the library sorting method, I could have used the clunky default music player that came with my phone.

The failures of the filter feature to work are identical in this newest build to the ones posted above. I'll type in one character, any character (letter, number, you name it), while in a folder, and get 0 filtered results.

That's all. I hope this gets fixed, being able to search/filter within folders was the greatest thing about Poweramp, aside from the equalizer. I really love Poweramp and want it to be in top form. Thank you for your time.

- C.J.

• 8 months later...

May I ask if there has been any progress done regarding this issue? Filtering really does not work, but only in FOLDER-HIERARCHY structure. If I choose for example LIST structure, filtering works with no problems. Is it a bug or is it supposed to behave this way?

• 1 year later...

I think the Filter function just filters down from what's already on the screen at the moment - so if you have a list of folder names, then it will filter from those FOLDER NAMES, not do a search of files within those folders.

To do what you are suggesting you need to use the Search function instead.

Andre

• 11 months later...

Archived