Album Art not being saved with files

Hoichemgio9x

2 hours ago, Hoichemgio9x said:

I replaced the thumbnail in the song. then i copy to pc. then copied to my phone, the thumbnail that was replaced before didn't exist when I played the song

If you have altered an existing file, you may need do a a Rescan (or FULL Rescan) in PA Settings > Library. I'm assuming by 'thumbnail' you mean you used a tag editor on your PC to update the album art image stored inside the audio file?

Andre

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

If you have altered an existing file, you may need do a a Rescan (or FULL Rescan) in PA Settings > Library. I'm assuming by 'thumbnail' you mean you used a tag editor on your PC to update the album art image stored inside the audio file?

Andre

i use pc to backup mp3 files. but every time I copy to my phone I no longer see thumbnails (only files are replaced with thumbnails)

What do you mean by "thumbnails"? Those are normally the little images you see in file icons in a file explorer app for example.

Or are you actually talking about the song cover artwork that is displayed in Poweramp's Library category lists and on the player screen? If so, how are you embedding your the new cover artwork into files, using what software? And how are you then copying them to the phone, USB cable and folder-to-folder copy, or some sort of sync program like Musicbee or similar (which sometimes do not make verbatim copies or update the timestamps of files)?

Andre

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

What do you mean by "thumbnails"? Those are normally the little images you see in file icons in a file explorer app for example.

Or are you actually talking about the song cover artwork that is displayed in Poweramp's Library category lists and on the player screen? If so, how are you embedding your the new cover artwork into files, using what software? And how are you then copying them to the phone, USB cable and folder-to-folder copy, or some sort of sync program like Musicbee or similar (which sometimes do not make verbatim copies or update the timestamps of files)?

Andre

I mean Art album. I edit album art with PA. and copy to phone with usb cable

Edited by Hoichemgio9x

Poweramp does not have the facility to insert Album Art into files, you would need to do that in a tag editor program.

PA can download album cover artwork, and also artist images, for use in its own lists and on the player screen, but the JPEGs are simply saved locally in PA's own cache folders in Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/, within the subfolders album_art for auto-downloads or selected_aa for manually chosen images. The JPEGs are saved using filenames based on the title, artist, or album tags in the songs, so it can find and match them back to that same song again later. But they are not inserted into the physical audio files, so you won't see PA's downloaded images in other apps or if you copy the files to another device.

If you want to embed images into your physical audio files, I suggest you do that on your PC using either an automated tagger program, or do it manually in something like MP3Tag or TagScanner. 

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp does not have the facility to insert Album Art into files, you would need to do that in a tag editor program.

PA can download album cover artwork, and also artist images, for use in its own lists and on the player screen, but the JPEGs are simply saved locally in PA's own cache folders in Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/, within the subfolders album_art for auto-downloads or selected_aa for manually chosen images. The JPEGs are saved using filenames based on the title, artist, or album tags in the songs, so it can find and match them back to that same song again later. But they are not inserted into the physical audio files, so you won't see PA's downloaded images in other apps or if you copy the files to another device.

If you want to embed images into your physical audio files, I suggest you do that on your PC using either an automated tagger program, or do it manually in something like MP3Tag or TagScanner. 

Andre

Yes. here just i backup to pc to reset phone. then I copied it to my phone to play music on PA. next time I will note to copy the data/PA folder

47 minutes ago, Hoichemgio9x said:

Yes. here just i backup to pc to reset phone. then I copied it to my phone to play music on PA. next time I will note to copy the data/PA folder

Yes, if you wanted to keep any existing downloaded images you would have needed to backup that whole folder and all its subfolders.

The same would apply to things like internal playlists, song ratings, play counts, etc - they would all need to be backed up before resetting your phone.

Andre