Automatically sort all playlists by rating?

Modinstaller

Hey,

Is there a way to automatically sort all playlists by rating? As in, I browse my library, tap a playlist to browse, and it's automatically sorted by rating by default unless I chose to re-sort it?

Thanks

Edit: it seems I can't see my song ratings, too. I rate my songs through Musicbee. I can use the rating to sort the songs, but I can neither see nor modify that rating.

Playlist songs are not displayed using any sort order at all, they are shown and played in the order originally specified in the actual playlist - either internally as songs were added, or as per the file-based order.

You can move individual songs around in playlists by long-pressing on a song and then dragging it up or down the list using the tool on the right, or you can permanently re-sort a whole playlist by tapping on Menu > Re-Sort and choosing the new ordering method you require. 

Andre

Is there no way to re-sort all my playlists based on rating then? Doing it one by one is tedious.

I suppose I could do it externally by using a simple script or an app that can do it, but it'd be nice if Poweramp could do it by itself.

What about not seeing my song ratings? (I rate my songs through Musicbee. I can use the rating to sort the songs, but I can neither see nor modify that rating.)

No, changing the order of playlists in Poweramp is a one-by-one operation, there is no batch function.

PA ratings are internal to the app, they are not read from files or from other music cataloguing systems, not written back to anywhere when you change them inside PA. Ratings are included as custom #EXT lines when you save playlists (or export them) back to files though, which will result in the following general format, so any script would need to sort by pairs of lines. It also replaces any relative or external paths with absolute Android paths, which won't help if you ever want to sync the lists back to another device.

#EXT-X-RATING:4
D0D8-84ED/MusicFolders/Music/David Bowie/Let's Dance/03 Let's Dance - David Bowie.mp3
#EXT-X-RATING:5
D0D8-84ED/MusicFolders/Music/Singles/Billie Jean - Michael Jackson.mp3
#EXT-X-RATING:4
D0D8-84ED/MusicFolders/Music/Singles/In the Air Tonight (extended version) - Phil Collins.mp3

There is an app called New Playlist Manager which offers more features, including importing and exporting ratings from files.

Andre