indicate currently playing song category in the library

ikonomov

I can imagine that this might not be easy to implement, but I really wish that when viewing the library there is an indication to the currently playing track not just in SONGS view.  For example when there is a song playing or queued to see its album text in a different color and bold when in ALBUMS view.

Album 1
Album 2
Album 3

The same for ARTIST/GENRE and other categories.  Currently there are only two players with this kind of interface, jetAudio and PlayerPro.  I find this feature of the interface incredibly useful and I think it can be a great improvement to Poweramp.

4 hours ago, ikonomov said:

I can imagine that this might not be easy to implement, but I really wish that when viewing the library there is an indication to the currently playing track not just in SONGS view.  For example when there is a song playing or queued to see its album text in a different color and bold when in ALBUMS view.

Album 1
Album 2
Album 3

The same for ARTIST/GENRE and other categories.  Currently there are only two players with this kind of interface, jetAudio and PlayerPro.  I find this feature of the interface incredibly useful and I think it can be a great improvement to Poweramp.

+1

I agree that this would be very nice, with the 'Now Playing' highlight being visible not only at the songs level, but higher up too - so for example you could see what album you are currently listening to when viewing the overall Albums list.

Remember that the 'Now Playing' highlight mark applies only to the currently playing Category though. So for example if you start listening to a song from a Folder or a Playlist, you will only see the song highlighted in that specific Folders or Playlists Library Category - and not if you found the song in Albums, or Artists, or Genres, etc.

It would actually be very nice if any such additional 'now playing' highlighting concept was applied right back up to the top-level Library view too. That way you could easily see which Category is currently being used - e.g. if you are listening to Dancing Queen.mp3 from the folder /Music/Artists/ABBA/Arrival/ then each separate drill-down level, right from the top-level Folders Hierarchy category all the way down through MusicArtists, ABBA and Arrival, would also be highlighted.

Andre