Play count feature

poddex

I use Poweramp 3-5 times in a week. But every time I powered up my player-phone, Poweramp repeats some old songs even if I added new positions in a song folder. Looks like shuffle table regenerates when I added a new positions or after phone powered up. Can I avoid these repeats? I want only add a new positions, not to reset play count of songs played before. I want to play every song only one time until songs folder reached the end.

A reshuffle should not occur on a device reboot, as long as you don't then change the playback shuffle/repeat modes, or manually start playing a new song from a new category. If you just pause it before shutdown and un-pause after reboot, it should continue where it left off.

If you start a Playlist in Shuffle mode, each song in the list should be played exactly once during that shuffle session. You can check this by looking at the item counter on the player screen (middle of the row of control icons) which for a 50 item list will show 1/50 when you first start, then 2/50, 3/50, etc. You can move forward and backward through that shuffle order using the >> and << track controls. If it ever goes back to 1/50 you know the shuffle order has been re-sequenced, and then you could hear a song again.

If you want to be able to manually select a new track from the same list without disturbing the current shuffle sequence, enable Settings > Library > Lists > No Reshuffle.

Andre

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

A reshuffle should not occur on a device reboot, as long as you don't then change the playback shuffle/repeat modes, or manually start playing a new song from a new category. If you just pause it before shutdown and un-pause after reboot, it should continue where it left off.

If you start a Playlist in Shuffle mode, each song in the list should be played exactly once during that shuffle session. You can check this by looking at the item counter on the player screen (middle of the row of control icons) which for a 50 item list will show 1/50 when you first start, then 2/50, 3/50, etc. You can move forward and backward through that shuffle order using the >> and << track controls. If it ever goes back to 1/50 you know the shuffle order has been re-sequenced, and then you could hear a song again.

If you want to be able to manually select a new track from the same list without disturbing the current shuffle sequence, enable Settings > Library > Lists > No Reshuffle.

Andre

Even when I add a new songs to a playlist?

Strange, maybe, I'm wrong in my playlist creating method. I will try new update (using 2* for now) and check your info, thanks.

Yes, you can add new songs to an internal Playlist while that list is being shuffle played. The new songs will be added into the shuffle order sometime beyond the currently playing song. So while you're playing song 10/50, if you add five new songs to the source playlist, the counter will change to 10/55.

I suspect it would cause a reshuffle if you edit an external (file based) playlist though, but I've not tested that.

Andre

2 hours ago, poddex said:

No, I just copy new songs in a folder, and Poweramp always plays that folder. I will check "10/55" soon.

Ah, you didn't mention Folder playback, you only referred to shuffling Playlists.

I've just checked, and yes it works with adding files to shuffled folder contents too. I shuffled a folder and paused playback at song 7/16, then exited and force-closed Poweramp. I then added four new songs into the same folder, and launched Poweramp again. The player screen briefly showed the original count of 7/16, but as soon as the initial auto-scan had completed it changed to 7/20 - i.e. the four new songs had been inserted randomly sometime later in the existing shuffled sequence, so the first six songs won't be heard again as they are back in the shuffle history.

Andre