When starting music from widget, how to make song start at the beginning rather than where it last stopped?

Johnson Rick

I usually play power amp from the widget but the problem I have is it starts where I last left off the song rather than at the beginning. So I always need to go the app afterwards to reset to the beginning. I was wondering when starting up power amp, how to make the current song start from beginning rather than where it was last left off

Poweramp never really goes into a 'stopped' state, it needs to have a currently playing track which is in a paused state. However you can long-press on the Play/Pause button to rewind the current track to the beginning rather than pausing where you left off. So whenever you finish listening to a song, long-press on the Pause button and the counter will return to zero before it pauses. Obviously that can only work inside the main app interface though, as notifications and widgets are not able to accept long-press functionality because that triggers Android/homescreen adjustment settings.

One option that may help you is Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI > "<< Button Resets Current Track". This changes the functionality of the Previous Track ("<<") button so that one press resets the current track back to its beginning, and a second press - or a press when the counter is already at zero - goes to the previous track. That works during pause too, so in the widget you could press << before pressing Play.

Andre

@maxmp I just noticed a minor bug in the player interface.

When you long-press on the Play/Pause button, the current track correctly resets back to its beginning as expected, and the seekbar also returns to show the start of the track. However the playback position counter (time) doesn't refresh and remains stuck at the old value, and the seekbar (either static or wavebar) stops responding to any user interaction until you change to another track or commence playback again.

Andre

Archived