Library/Playlists are constantly reset/wiped/not completely filled. Information is not uniform and it seems to always be scanning on its own even though it's not fixing much of anything.

Vekx92

I have a samsung galaxy note 20 ultra, android 11. I didn't have this problem before this android 11 update but for some reason Poweramp can't keep my library. Like it'll grab all of my files and hold on for a few hours, same with playlists. Then I'll go to listen to some music and see that my playlists are either empty or is still filled yet tapping songs won't play anything and the information for them won't all be there. I don't know why why this is, it'll go back to normal after running a full rescan a few times. But as I said it won't hold indefinitely. All of my music is on my external micro sd card. I don't have any legacy options enabled, I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared data and cache a number of times. It's odd, information in the player is not really uniform at all. You can see from the screenshots that I have attached what I mean by that. Also in the playlist you can see how it'll show those files are supposedly there but when I temp them nothing will play I don't really know what kind of bug this is for what kind of issue it really is. All I know is that it started after the update. I'm just running out of ideas of how to remedy this. Poweramp is my favorite player and I'd hate to have to let it go.

Screenshot_20210107-153129_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20210107-153315_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20210107-153107_Poweramp.jpg

It does sound like an access issue to the SD Card when the scanner runs. Might be worth re-formatting the card and copying everything back to it via a computer. It's also worth removing access permissions and granting access again - which is a known Android 11 issue, although it's not usually intermittent.

Andre

On 1/7/2021 at 5:42 PM, andrewilley said:

It does sound like an access issue to the SD Card when the scanner runs. Might be worth re-formatting the card and copying everything back to it via a computer. It's also worth removing access permissions and granting access again - which is a known Android 11 issue, although it's not usually intermittent.

Andre

I'll try to reformat it and see what happens, it's just a lot of files to move over lol I'll report back with findings

@andrewilley so I did all of this. Backed up all my music to my laptop, reformatted my card and added my music Beck and now everything works. No more constant rescans or information mishaps.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:42 PM, andrewilley said:

Andre

I'll try to reformat it and see what happens, it's just a lot of files to move over lol I'll report back with findings

Archived