Miro

Hello, I installed Poweramp on my car headunit, and purchased the unlocker to have the full version activated, which was successful. However, the next day, I got the error that it is unable to verify the license and Poweramp wouldn't start. This was only solved when I logged on the internet! So it seems I have to be connected to the internet everytime I use Poweramp, which is a hassle and I would have like to have the full version active offline as I don't use internet in my car.. I would appreciate if there is any advice about this issue

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

As long as your device is correctly saving the licence status when it shuts down, once it has been validated within the first 24 hours of use it should not need to access the internet again. Is this a Play Store install or a website purchase?

Andre

Thanks Andrew.

You mention "once it has been validated within the first 24 hours", actually this was in less than 24 hours, so do you mean I shouldn't face this problem after 24 hours elapse after the unlocker installation?

The trial and the unlocker were both installed from Google play store using my Gmail account, not from Poweramp website, would this make a difference? I also installed the app and the unlocker on my phone using the same Gmail account from Google play store, but I'm not facing such issue on my phone, although it was in less than 24 hours.

Google Play does not necessarily validate the licence online immediately, sometimes it can take a little while. It's not usually as long as 24 hours, but it has been in the past hence the advice to make sure you leave the device powered up with an active internet connection for that long (for phones that's not usually a problem of course).

PA Settings > About will tell you the status of the licence on the current device:

image.png

Andre

Try uninstalling both the main app and the unlocker, and then re-installing both, and then allow the device to remain connected to the internet for a while - ideally 24 hours, although that might be an issue with a car radio (which I guess was never really the target market when the app was designed).

Andre

Archived