Long Album/Song Titles Cutoff

Stallion777

Does anyone know if there is a setting to prevent long Album/Song titles from being cutoff? I've looked in the settings but can't find anywhere to do that. As an example, I just converted an old Christmas album to MP3 and added it to my collection in Poweramp. The album title is 'The Choraliers - The Longines Symphonette Society'. But on the Poweramp display, it displays as 'The Choraliers - The Longines Symphonette Socie'. And I have the 'Animate Long Labels' turned on, so it scrolls the name, but is still cutoff. Any ideas? Daniel

22 minutes ago, Stallion777 said:

Does anyone know if there is a setting to prevent long Album/Song titles from being cutoff? I've looked in the settings but can't find anywhere to do that. As an example, I just converted an old Christmas album to MP3 and added it to my collection in Poweramp. The album title is 'The Choraliers - The Longines Symphonette Society'. But on the Poweramp display, it displays as 'The Choraliers - The Longines Symphonette Socie'. And I have the 'Animate Long Labels' turned on, so it scrolls the name, but is still cutoff. Any ideas? Daniel

Andrew...thanks for the reply. I use the latest version of Audacity when I convert my music to MP3. And MP3Tag when I need to go back and edit the tag data. According to MP3Tag, it's ID3v2.3. But the interesting thing is that on one of my devices, a Samsung A20, the long titles display correctly, but on my older devices, they don't, even though the Poweramp version is the same (v3-build 884). 

OK, I just remembered that I have another music player on my devices (PlayerPro), so I opened that same album using PlayerPro on one of the older devices that longer Album/song titles weren't displaying fully, and it displays correctly. So it can't be the Android version. It's gotta be a setting in Poweramp.

Hmmmm...I use Google Drive, but not sure how I would get it to you. No non-standard characters in the titles. Just a dash (-). Each file from this particular album is one side of an album, and each one is about 25Mb in size. A couple are maybe 23 or 24 Mb's. Maybe I can email one to you?

Google Drive allows you to copy a link for a file and make it publicly accessible (turn public link sharing on for that file) and paste it into a message here. It would be best to upload the file directly from your phone rather than the version on your PC, in case anything has messed with it between devices (sync software can sometimes do that).

Andre

Andre, I've attached two of my MP3 files, as well as a pic of the Poweramp screen for one of the tracks. For the 'Home For the Holidays' one, for Artist the tag information is 'Perry Como & Hugo & Luigi's Children's Chorus', and the track title is 'Home For the Holidays'. But on the Poweramp display, the artist gets cutoff to 'Perry Como & Hugo & Luigi's Ch', and the track title to 'Home For the Holi'.  BTW, I was mistaken when I mentioned in an earlier post that the tracks displayed correctly on my Samsung A20; they don't, same thing. Any ideas? It's after 11:00 PM here, so I'm getting ready to go to bed, but I'll look for your reply sometime tomorrow morning. Thanks!02-Home For The Holidays.mp302-Home For The Holidays.mp3

20201117_225916.jpg

1770828801_01TheLonginesSymphonetteSocietyPresentsChristmasWithTheChoraliers-Side1.mp3

While the tag encoding says it is Unicode (full UTF-16) and most of my programs read the content file, there is definitely something unusual about the way the text has been character-encoded which Poweramp is having trouble with. This is what EXIFTool shows, and normally it's fine with UTF-16 tags:
image.png

If I simply re-save either of the files using MP3Tag or TagScanner (even adding even more characters, as below) then they work fine in PA, and also show correctly in EXIFTool:
image.png

@maxmp Could you have a look at these files and see what within their character encoding method might be causing PA's text buffer to overflow somewhere, and see if you can work around it just in case anyone else has similar problems in the future? Thanks.

Andre

Andre..absolutely I will do that. Something that just occurred to me that might be causing this, something that both of the tracks I uploaded have in common. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's causing this problem. After I convert albums to MP3, I run them through a program called Acoustica 7. I use the feature of Acoustica (ver. 7.2.8) that removes (mostly) scratches. I then save the file before exiting Acoustica. I just took a good look at a lot of the music I've converted to MP3, both from CD's and from albums. All of the music I've converted from CD with long track names are fine. I then took a look at albums I've converted to MP3 but which I haven't yet run through Acoustica, and they are fine. Hmmmm. I just recently purchased Acoustica and began using it, but haven't finished processing my recorded albums through it.   I will re-record one of these and try copying the track to my device before processing it through Acoustica and see what happens. We might be on to something here. If Acoustica is the culprit, it could just be a setting in the program. I'll let you know! The question I now have is, if Acoustica does turn out to be what's causing this, will I need to re-record that music? I ask because I don't see how MP3 Tag can help me, since the tag information displays correctly in it, even for music that I've run through Acoustica. Interesting!

Archived