New Google Chromecast plus TV

Wpole

Yes, I tested on both previous chromecast and chromecast audio with no problems. Also tested other audio apps with new chromecast with no problems. I realize that the new chromecast is only new, but I am surprised that Poweramp (my favorite audio app) has this problem. 

Hi, and thanks for your time.Much appreciated. I'm not sure what to look for in the Audio info, but I did reset to default those that were underlined to do so. Problem still exists.

Because I have rarely had any issues with Poweramp, I haven't needed to explore more deeply into the settings.

Attached is what the TV looks like when chromecasting with the new "Google Chromecast with Google TV "

Audio is also stuck.

20201031_130317_HDR.jpg

I'm sure sure whether PA determines the layout, or if it merely passes the content to Chromecast which then generates the visual representation.

For Audio Info, when connected just long-press the metadata line at the bottom of the screen (or Settings > Audio > Audio Info).

Also for the audio glitching, try increasing Settings > Audio > Output > Chromecast > Buffer Size.

Andre

• 4 months later...

PA + Chromecast with GoogleTV does not work in an AT ALL manner, no matter what buffer sizes, audio rates etc you set. It's something different. Often starts with a few seconds of silence, then plays 2 seconds, then 10 seconds silence... The counter on PA side just halts while silent.

Archived