Poweramp won't take focus from radio on Android HU

Bammer

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as mentioned I have exteme logcat installed happy to provide logs from there so long as I know what I am looking for so I don't waste your guys time 😁

On 12/29/2021 at 6:14 PM, maxmp said:

@hoppi05 the last log has media button events which are processed, the previous logs have no such. Poweramp is a receiving side here, it doesn’t generate those button presses. Generally the button presses and API commands were tested and do work 100% for the latest Poweramp builds.

Also the log from 911 shows that there are no audio focus events, so this API is not used at all by your radio app.

There was a behavior change recently in Android though, not in Poweramp - now when a player app is in background/not playing, Google assistant app intercepts and processes all media key events, redirecting events to the other apps (or not).

Either Assistant intercepted the key or did not is visible from the Full log available in Developer settings (this log has like the last 1 minute of events, so it should be taken immediately after the issue arises). Feel free to send this to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com for the fu