Poweramp build 883-884

maxmp

On 11/15/2020 at 12:50 AM, Zaka25 said:

Nice, but when will the new one out?

New updates are released periodically, but there is no specific timetable.

Currently most development work is going into the new EQ app - which will also be integrated into PA itself soon - so any updates to the main app (e.g. the most recent one mid-September) have been more minor maintenance bugfixes rather than major feature changes.

Andre

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am wondering when the issue with not being able to select music folders on Android 10 or 11 will be resolved? 

I have a brand new Galaxy S20 with Android 10 and One UI 2.5, and PA build 884 downloaded from the Play Store on Nov. 16. I have not installed an SD card yet and just have some music files in a folder in Storage. I encountered the issue of not being able to select my music folder as described in the above post. The Files app is installed and enabled. So is Files by Google. I've checked my app settings and enabled access to Storage for PA. I can view the music folder but am not able to select it. (To be specific, I can select the folder but the next time I open Folders Selection, it is not selected. A rescan immediately after selecting the folder returns 0 folders found.) In Folders Selection, I tried to use the "plus button" to Add Storage and it only gave the option to add Downloads, which it would allow to be selected. Using File Access Legacy Mode works and I can now select folders and PA can scan them and play music from them. But, I'm assuming this will not work in future versions of Android.

@applebyter Have you tried revoking permissions - or clearing app data, or even uninstalling/re-installing (and don't allow Google to restore settings from cloud backup initially)? Then the first time you try to use the Music Folders selector, Enable Access for the root level of the SD Card. Then you should later be able to choose your music folders from the card. Don't forget to backup/export your Settings and any internal Playlists before trying this.

It's all a bit of a faff, but I'm afraid we need to blame Google and the increasingly restrictive mess that their Storage Access Framework is becoming.

Andre

Archived