Lock Bluetooth Volume?

w3wilkes

The Moto x4 does not have absolute volume support. Whenever I connect to my cars from my phone I often have to put the volume on the phone to 100% which then makes the volume adjustment on both my cars to normal settings comparable to radio and CD volume settings. I never use the volume on the phone once I've set it at 100% while bluethooth connected so I don't understand how it gets reduced. I do often use wired headphones and use the phones volume for that, but that seems to be independent from the volume when bluetooth connected since sometimes after a headphone session I can get in the car and not have to turn up the phone volume because it retained the 100%. It would be nice if there was some means to locks the volume at 100% on the phone when it's bluetooth connected.

7 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Whenever I connect to my cars from my phone I often have to put the volume on the phone to 100% which then makes the volume adjustment on both my cars to normal settings comparable to radio and CD volume settings. 

I have seen the same. I don't know why Android does that, but I too used to have to manually raise the BT volume to 100% in order to match with the levels of other input sources in my car.

I now have a simple IF/THEN task set in Bixby Routines (which is a Samsung feature, but there are lots of apps that do the same thing) so that whenever my car headunit connects via bluetooth, it sets the BT Audio Level to 100%.

Andre

Archived