FLAC Metadata Bug?

megatavi

• v3-build-874-arm64-play
  • OnePlus 8 Pro (IN2020) 
  • Android 10 (OxygenOS 10.5.12)

When I try changing the metadata of a FLAC track, the data does get embedded but nothing else in the app changes.

For instance, changing the album name of any other file type should change the library/lists and track labels, but with FLAC files it stays like nothing happened at all. Is there a reason why this happens, or is this a bug? 

Strange, I have no idea why. You could try a Full Rescan. If that does not work then probably there is/was something wrong with the file format after the data-rewrite that is preventing PA's scanner from picking up the changes. If that's the case, please can you send a sample of one of the updated files to @maxmp (use the Send feature within the app - long-press on song title > Send > Gmail > gpmaxmpz @ gmail.com). If you have a backup copy of the same file from prior to the changes being saved, that might help too.

Andre

I think I found the issue. Some of the FLAC files are CUEs so that's probably why I couldn't edit or even delete them through the app. I'm not familiar with this type of file, is there a reason why PA has such an aversion toward CUEs? 

CUE files are not audio files, they are a list of 'pointers' to an audio file (or files) which create pseudo-tracks. If your physical FLAC files were created one file per track, you do not need the CUE files at all.

CUE files were originally designed to describe a CD's layout (tracks, titles, etc) when all of the audio was in one large hour-long file. You could re-burn the CD using the one large file and a CUE file to describe where each track begins and ends.  

Andre

Archived