Music Tag Announcement

Hi, during I play an audio stream, or Playlist I am listening alot of unheard songs, so i was thinking about a feature which could convert music tags into audio and announce it during song change. I can't every time check phone just to find the artist name. This feature would be really helpful for less phone usage

Do you mean a voice-over announcement, saying in a digitised voice the track title, artist name, etc? A bit like a radio station announcer when they talk over the start of a track? Or do you mean a pre-announcement, before each new track starts?

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Do you mean a voice-over announcement, saying in a digitised voice the track title, artist name, etc? A bit like a radio station announcer when they talk over the start of a track? Or do you mean a pre-announcement, before each new track starts?

Andre

yes I meant like an announcement before each track starts so that I can identify which artist is playing currently from which album, it is helpful during an audio stream, usually when we are too busy to check phone to find details like when we're bathing or studying. I have some app which can read news using Google text to speech engine, so i hope we could combine that module function with Poweramp and play songs like a radio station. In my device I have 12 GB of songs which I keep playing on shuffle so I am not familiar with all..

This would be absolutely useless with (and please excuse me if you don't like the term) IDM.

Still, if the tracks lend themselves to it, it'd be a cool feature. But perhaps, an external app should do this job? IDK, you tell me. If not, I don't suppose it's too hard to code?

Archived