I'm having a little trouble with PA2

Good day!  I'm wondering if I can get a little help.  I have a basic phone running android.  It is a Sonim XP5s (XP5800). I found I could sideload apps using a computer, Windows PowerShell, and the "adb install..." command.  Poweramp v2 is the only app I found that would work with the physical keys on my phone (it doesn't have a touchscreen).  I bought the app through your website as my phone runs a stripped-down version of android 7.1.2 that doesn't include gapps.  However, the registration code doesn't work.  It says my email isn't registered on my phone.  And looking at the options in the settings menu, I don't find anywhere I can add an account.  The built-in music player is ok for music, but for my mp3 audiobook collection it falls woefully short.  Is there any remedy for my situation?  I can't download the unlocker app from google play, and even if I could I'd have to pay again.

For v2, the email options were a bit more limited than in the more recent releases, but as long as you do have email and internet enabled on the device, you should be able to get it to work. Gapps is the main way, but there are a couple of other options. See the FAQ page for more info: 

Andre

Thank you for your answer.  I also checked the link concerning "Restore Poweramp Purchase".  I believe my problem is step 2: (Poweramp v2 only) ensure you have Google or Email account (as specified in purchase confirmation email from PayPro Global) registered under Android settings => Accounts.  There is no "Accounts" item in my settings menu.  Probably something removed when they built this version for a basic phone.  So, while I have sideloaded an email client via ADB and registered my email within that app, my email is not registered, or able to be registered, on my phone itself.  Do I have any options?  Poweramp 3 won't work, as it's UI doesn't respond to the physical keys on my phone.

Unfortunately, the PA v2 licence validation requirements are as per the list in the FAQs. Can you sideload any of the suggested validation solutions? As v2 is now a legacy product, there hasn't been any further development on it for about four years now, and its functionality is "as is".

Andre

I can likely sideload the unlocker.  The problem I have with that is I would have to pay again to get it.  I assume it would work, although since my phone doesn't have google play services, it might not.  Any chance the dev would be able to send me a copy of the unlocker?  i can provide the code I got by email if he/she needs verification I actually bought it.

The Google Play unlocker authenticates via your Google Play account, it won't work at all if you sideload it without gapps present. It is valid for multiple devices as long as they use the same Google account.

The website-purchase version does not use an unlocker app at all, it works by validating the ID you were sent by email against the same email account registered on the phone. Normally that requires gapps too (when PA was developed, all Android devices depended on Google services, unlike today where there are offshoots) but it also supports a couple of other email solutions as listed in the FAQ , which perhaps you could sideload? Website licences are only valid for use on one device at a time, and installing on a new device will invalidate any previous licence validation on a different device.

Andre

Archived