Discord app?

etje268910

• 10 months later...

Discord is good for real time communications, and I have seen app devs using it for providing support, chatting there, etc. Devs like apps of Spotify, Vanced. And Poweramp is certainly not a small app. Though, a Discord server is hard to moderate than a forum. And I am afraid more offtopic stuff would be discussed than Poweramp. I am somewhat neutral on Poweramp having a Discord server per above reasons. 

So basically it has a scrobbling feature, where whatever someone is currently listening to in Spotify can be shown to other users? Sort of like LastFM, but with chat?

Not sure how much demand there would be for that, but Max would need to decide it it's worth the work. Or maybe if they feel there is a demand, the Discord developers could implement it in the same way they have for Spotify (PA already provides an external API that would allow third-party apps to get this information).

Andre

23 hours ago, andrewilley said:

So basically it has a scrobbling feature, where whatever someone is currently listening to in Spotify can be shown to other users? Sort of like LastFM, but with chat?

Yes, Discord is an app for chatting. But on an user's profile pages, status of user (music, games, apps) can be shown. 

IMG_20210316_143933.thumb.jpg.19149af143c014eb94740c0dd1849d9a.jpg

If a Poweramp status are to be shown there, it would require effort from Discord app devs, as currently only Spotify status is supported on Discord app for mobile devices.

Discord servers are a different thing. They are like a space for chatting, and I don't think @iNawe is asking for that.

Archived