Audio Compressor

najs3ro

Hello, sorry if the feature I'm asking is already included, but I don't seem to find it Poweramp. I really like the DSP, but I think having an audio compressor (just like in VLC (PC) and Neutron) would be really nice. Thanks!

Poweramp's general design philosophy is all about producing the purest audio reproduction possible, so compressors/AGC/etc were never really going to be at the the top of the to-do list. That said, Reverb, StereoExpand and Tempo Adjustment managed to sneak their way in there, so maybe one day Max might add AGC style features too? At the moment, the best you can get is ReplyGain, but that only matches the peak levels of each track, it does not change dynamically during playback or compress for extra 'loudness' on quieter tracks.

Andre

• 5 months later...

I'd like to toss out my own request for this feature (or bug)...Bought, and paid for the "full" version, and do appreciate the transfer for. and from. old to new device(s). I'm about to invest in jetaudio because PA ain't delivering what I need in a noisy environment, on a BT speaker. I get the desire to be true to "quality", please (oh please) give us the FM radio compression option we are pleading you for...

On 4/26/2020 at 1:25 PM, andrewilley said:

Poweramp's general design philosophy is all about producing the purest audio reproduction possible, so compressors/AGC/etc were never really going to be at the the top of the to-do list. That said, Reverb, StereoExpand and Tempo Adjustment managed to sneak their way in there, so maybe one day Max might add AGC style features too? At the moment, the best you can get is ReplyGain, but that only matches the peak levels of each track, it does not change dynamically during playback or compress for extra 'loudness' on quieter tracks.

Andre

AGC, yeah, I definitely want it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived