Be the first android player to support Albums Shuffle

zenpoy

Hi,

What a great app! The thing that I really miss the most in my iPod nano is the ability to randomly choose an album and play its songs in-order. I think it should be fairly easy to implement because you already implement your own folder/album library so you don't have to depend much on android's api.

In order to achieve this functionality in the current state I change shuffle mode to shuffle-all, then click on next song, then change shuffle mode to shuffle-off, then go back a folder and next a folder and the result is I get a random album playing from the beginning in-order.

This mode of operation includes many clicks on the shuffle button which brings up some more issues: It's hard to understand which shuffle mode is currently on, especially when driving, because the button is almost the the same for all modes and you have to read the toast in order to understand which shuffle is on. so a different icon for different shuffle types could also be useful. And also a checkboxes in the settings to select which shuffle modes to be included in the cycle when clicking on the shuffle button would make life easier for me, because I don't use the shuffle songs within folder type, so it's an extra click each time I want to move from shuffle-all to shuffle-off.

I hope that you take these feature requests and issues seriously... if this is hard to implement I can offer my programming services :), but it seems that you DO know what you are doing...

Thanks,

J

EDIT: I see that RC 2.0 has that feature!! yey!!

Archived