Missing Artists from list

captainkev

Build=860

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Exynos on Android 10

I have a fairly large music collection - around 37000 tracks occupying around 300Gb on a 512Gb MicroSD card.

I'm a new user of Poweramp having previously been using MediaMonkey. I'm finding that when Poweramp scans the library, it finds all ~37000 tracks, but when I go into the 'Artist' field in the Library, Only Artists beginning with letters A to T are shown - anything after Travis is missing.

When I go into the Folders option, all files and folders are there and can be seen. Neither MediaMonkey or HiFiCast apps have any problem adding the entire catalogue to their libraries.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Kevin

I'm wondering if somewhere in your music collection there is a file (or files) which is breaking the scanner somehow? What happen if you move just some of the later file folders (X,Y,Z for example) to a different folder, and then enable only that one for scanning in the Settings > Library > Music Folders list. Then if that works after a Full Rescan, add more files/folders until you find the culprit.

Andre

I've tried to add in folders around the bit where it seems to fail, so I've added all folders between Soul Asylum and Tyler Lance Walker Gill, and then done a Full Scan. Somehow the only artists that appear in the Library are those which start with 'The...'.  Everything before and after is missed.

Very very weird!

It will depend on what the actual 'raw' file order of the directory table structure is, as to which items get scanned first. Try again with all the files after 'T' and see if they all load correctly. Sorry, I don't know of a logfile that the scanner creates (apart from the database itself of course).

Andre

Archived