Jump to content
Poweramp

Recommended Posts

A lot of my songs had the artist name in the front.  I renamed, external app, by taking out their name and just having the actual song title.  Poweramp still shows the original title with not the new name.  How can I rescan the songs and get the new tiles to show?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I figured it out.  I think the names are embedded and I just changed the file names.  I changed the embedded names on a few and rescanned and they showed correctly whereas the others did not.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, if you only changed the filenames then the tag-based info won't alter. The filenames can be whatever you want them to be, often useful for esoteric sorting (maybe adding a year or disc/track numbering to the start of a name for example), but the title/artist/album/artwork/etc shown in PA's lists will be taken from the embedded tag metadata hidden inside the files.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon further tried, I found it is a hit or miss if they show correctly either from the file change or the embedded.  I am going back through my files with a different app & changing anything that does not appear correctly.

Thank you Andre for your quick responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use TagScanner on my PC, but there are other good batch tag editors around too - MP3Tag is another one often mentioned.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...