Change default behaviour to stop at end of album

loganrah

After a recent update (I noticed the problem in the last couple of weeks, not sure when it started more specifically though) Poweramp is defaulting to "Jump to the next list", whereas it used to have the (much more sensible) default of stopping at the end of the current list/album. I am browsing in folder mode, which I think might make a difference? 

What I want to know is: can I change this behaviour so that Poweramp stops playing at the end of the current album/list in folder mode? 

This is a required feature for me, if I can't do this I will have to find a different media player. Having to remember to switch the repeat/advance mode every time is too much. And I can't browse by artist because I listen to a lot of dance music where a single album can have 30+ artists, and browsing by album is equally useless when some of the artists I've got have 20+ albums. The only sensible option is to browse by folder using the sensible folder structure I've created myself. 

If it matters I'm running on a galaxy s8. The build number is 853

I've loved Poweramp for a long time, so I'm really hoping there is a fix for this and I don't have to give up on it. 

I personally never turn the Repeat mode to anything other than Advance List, as I would normally want to continue listening to music rather than stop at the end of the current folder which may only have a couple of songs in it. Repeat and Shuffle modes are adjusted accordingly when you use the Play or Shuffle icons at the top of lists, so I usually tend to steer clear on them. To ensure these modes do not get changed, rather than using the Play or Shuffle icons, simply just tap on the first song title (or whichever one you want to start with) in the songs list.

Andre

I can see why some people would want it to keep playing, but often for me that means jumping at the end of an artists folder to an artist in a completely different genre which is quite jarring, and sometimes I just want to listen to one specific album. I'd be happy with being able to change the default behaviour in settings, I can't see any reason not to have that as an option (except for the generic too many options problem). 

Clicking on the first track in the album rather than play on the album itself does seem to work, thanks. I guess I'll use that as a work around for now. 

6 hours ago, loganrah said:

Clicking on the first track in the album rather than play on the album itself does seem to work, thanks. I guess I'll use that as a work around for now. 

To be honest, I never use anything else. Like you, I have a preferred repeat and shuffle setting which I very rarely want to change - and if I do, I change it manually on the player screen.

PA v2 didn't have a visible Play or Shuffle button at all (although there was the same functionality hidden inside a long-press popup menu) so I just got used to tapping the first track I want to play, and I've never seen the need to get out of the habit as that's just as easy as tapping any other icon.

Andre 

Archived