Can't change sample format, pls help.

SirTanksAlot

Some devices restrict certain sample rates to matching frequencies. So for example, you may need to select 192kHz in order to use 24-bit, and a higher rate to use 32-bit. What output device are you using - AUX/Headset, or some other DAC? Not sure if this is the case with your device, @maxmp will probably be able to help though.

Andre

8 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Some devices restrict certain sample rates to matching frequencies. So for example, you may need to select 192kHz in order to use 24-bit, and a higher rate to use 32-bit. What output device are you using - AUX/Headset, or some other DAC? Not sure if this is the case with your device, @maxmp will probably be able to help though.

Andre

Thanks for the help and also I have a LDAC headphones can it go to 24 bit ? 

16 hours ago, SirTanksAlot said:

Not sure, that's one of the Bluetooth formats, which would be more down to the bluetooth connection on your device I'd have thought. @maxmp should be able to confirm whether high-res is supported there anyway. Have you tried using the phone's wired AUX/headset connector?

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Not sure, that's one of the Bluetooth formats, which would be more down to the bluetooth connection on your device I'd have thought. @maxmp should be able to confirm whether high-res is supported there anyway. Have you tried using the phone's wired AUX/headset connector?

Andre

I did try the AUX/Headset connector but I still can't change the sample format to 24bit even after changing the sample rate to 192khz

On 11/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, SirTanksAlot said:

Ldac is a lossy compression codec, where bits are really not so important due to the way lossy compression works. Usually ldac works with 16 or 24 bit input, some devices require 32 (Poweramp shows that info). This doesn’t affect quality or anything else measurable at all.

10 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Ldac is a lossy compression codec, where bits are really not so important due to the way lossy compression works. Usually ldac works with 16 or 24 bit input, some devices require 32 (Poweramp shows that info). This doesn’t affect quality or anything else measurable at all.

Thanks for the help

• 1 year later...