Artist Page from Player Screen / Setting song as ringtone

ajamils

From the player screen when I select "Artist" it takes me to a screen with all songs by the Artist, instead this should take the screen which shows All Albums by the artist. Is there a way to do that? If not, could that be added as a feature request? 

Also, why does the player not support setting current song as ringtone? 

No, the Player screen long-press options are meant to show you all of the songs in the chosen category (so Artist shows you all of songs by the currently playing Artist, Album shows all of the songs in the currently playing Album, and Folder shows all of the songs in the currently playing Folder).

Which reminds me, @maxmp , as someone who normally uses Folders mode rather than Folders Hierarchy, is there any way that the long-press Folder option in the Player screen view in normal Folders mode, rather than Folders Hierarchy?

Setting a song as ringtone was available in the old v2 of Poweramp, but it was not included in the v3 releases as it is more of an OS task rather than a music player one.

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, the Player screen long-press options are meant to show you all of the songs in the chosen category (so Artist shows you all of songs by the currently playing Artist, Album shows all of the songs in the currently playing Album, and Folder shows all of the songs in the currently playing Folder).

Which reminds me, @maxmp , as someone who normally uses Folders mode rather than Folders Hierarchy, is there any way that the long-press Folder option in the Player screen view in normal Folders mode, rather than Folders Hierarchy?

Setting a song as ringtone was available in the old v2 of Poweramp, but it was not included in the v3 releases as it is more of an OS task rather than a music player one.

Andre

Hey Andre, thanks for the reply.

Since the Artist page has an option to show all songs from the artist, I think it makes more sense that long-press option on Player screen goes to Artist page so that I can select different album from the artist or just select "all songs". Also, why is there is a limitation on the number of pictures that are displayed when changing artist picture or album picture? I would love to see this option modified to include more results and also and option to do custom search (checkout how PlayerPro does it). 

That's fine, I understand about the ringtone being an OS feature but it just makes it a lot convenient when I song comes up that I would like to make as a ring tone I can do it within the player. 

The whole point of that feature in the Player screen menu is to show the currently playing song, but within a different category view (i.e. within a folder, an album, or the artist's other songs). Thus it has to go to a songs list rather than a higher album/etc view. If you want to go up another level though, just tap the Back button.

Andre

Archived