Support for "ITUNESADVISORY" (Explicit/Clean) tag

Jrcaporal

Not sure if this have been requested previously, but it would be an interesting addition to the app. Most of my library is ALAC and I manage it using both iTunes and Mp3Tag to add other tag fields.

ITUNESADVISORY with a value of "1" indicates "Explicit", while "2" denotes "Clean". There's also a "0" value, which is just the same as if there was no tag attached to the file.

Hopefully this is something that can be implemented as it's already shown in all music (streaming) apps, and it'd be a cool feature for Poweramp as well.

I've always felt that Explicit notifications are useful on streaming systems, or when downloading music, but once you've decided to actively place the song on your own device, it's rather up to you to decide if you want to listen to it or not. Rather like I don't see the point of the Thumbs Down button on a local file-based library, as if you don't like a song surely you'd just delete it rather than flagging it as something you don't like.

I do like the idea of editing Title tags though. A decent batch tag editor should allow you to first filter by a field (such as your Explicit tag) and then you just modify all of the results currently being shown.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, Absinthequ said:

I'm not sure this is possible without a UI change but it has been requested a few times. If you're feeling froggy, you can paste this character: 🅴 into any title in your tags. (It may look like a box on your computer but it looks like this in Poweramp):

Screenshot_20190923-205706.thumb.png.404dd006a53827bcafed9dee9d2fcc4d.png

On 9/24/2019 at 2:09 AM, andrewilley said:

I've always felt that Explicit notifications are useful on streaming systems, or when downloading music, but once you've decided to actively place the song on your own device, it's rather up to you to decide if you want to listen to it or not. Rather like I don't see the point of the Thumbs Down button on a local file-based library, as if you don't like a song surely you'd just delete it rather than flagging it as something you don't like.

I do like the idea of editing Title tags though. A decent batch tag editor should allow you to first filter by a field (such as your Explicit tag) and then you just modify all of the results currently being shown.

Andre

I think this will probably do for now, thanks for the tips!

Archived