Crossfeed

dudo911

Hello Poweramp developers, I am using your music player quite some time and I consider it one of the best if not the best music player for android platform. For all that time I am using it I found only one thing i am missing in your app. A lot of people are using headphones for music listening nowadays. The biggest problem in headphones is unnatural stereo separation, mainly in some older recordings. This sometimes causing me listening fatigue. I am solving this problem by using Meier crossfeed for a couple of years in foobar2000 music player on Windows platform. All my music is first crossfeeded on PC and than played on Poweramp. It is king of a solution, but it would be much comfortable for me to just copy my music to phone and use crossfeed implemented in your app. So I would like to ask you if you don`t want to consider implementing this feature into your music player. I am even willing to pay for it and I think I am not alone. I tried to use foobar2000 and Neutron players for Android. They both support this feature, but I still like your player more. So thank you for such a great product and I hope you will consider my wish.

• 1 month later...

I am in exactly the same position; I've been using Foobar2000 for some time but I'm very drawn to Poweramp for its better presentation, more options, and high-res playback. But there are a few albums in my collection, even a few of my personal favorites (Yes and Kendrick Lamar come to mind) which are physically painful at times due to hard-panning of certain tracks. Crossfeed is the solution to this problem.

• 1 month later...

Over 800 views on this topic.......sort of shows the interest in such a feature. It really is an essential feature for headphone listening.

I've tried various analogue (inline with headphone amp) circuits and you need dedicated hardware (really want it in player). I'm sure a software addition of this is do-able as other players have it.

20 hours ago, Bick said:

Over 800 views on this topic.......sort of shows the interest in such a feature.

Not really, I've read it as I read all topics here, but have no particular interest in this feature. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, just that you can't correlate topic views with topic support. 

Andre

Archived