Could someone help me out, I'm old school plus old and don't always understand this tech stuff. I just installed Poweramp, I would like to transfer my playlist on Amazon music into the Poweramp player. Could someone please post or send me a very simple way to do this ?. I really hope someone can ASAP 

First question to answer is 

Did you copy the actual tracks, referred to in the playlists, to a location on your device?

Secondly,

What fornat is yourexisting playlist? Does it have an .m3u or ,pla extension eg, myplylist.m3u?

If yes to the first question and yes to .m3u then all you have to do is copy those playlists to a folder on your device, then

In Poweramp, Settings,  Library,  Music folders. Make sure Poweramp can scan the folder with your playlists by ticking the appropriate box,

Select foldsrs, which will kick off a rescan. Poweramp will do the rest. They should appear in Poweramp

No, I did not copy the tracks, I've been trying to figure out how to copy and can not figure out to copy. 

Nor do I know how to find the file format,

I'm feeling really stupid, none of this can be that hard. I am missing something.

I assume your tracks and playlists are on a computer? Connect your mobile to the pc using a usb cable. At this point it gets a little difficult as you need to tell your device that it can allow a connection to the pc. Lets take one step at the time so if you let us know what device you have,we can figure out how to do this as it often differs from one brand to another.

OK, I do have my play list on my lap top, which is a Dell Inspiron 13, my phone is a Samsung S9. I have compiled my music play list using Amazon Music Prime.

I feel good we are going to get this, thanks for the help

First, you say you have a PlayList in Amazon Prime Music. Does this playlist stream audio from your online Amazon account over the internet, or does it play music files that have already been downloaded to your own computer?

If both your music files AND the playlist file(s) are saved on your computer, so they play without any need for an internet connection, then you ought to be able to copy all of those same files over from the computer's hard drive to your phone's memory card using a USB cable. Poweramp can only play 'local' files that are saved in the phone's memory or SD Card, it cannot play anything over the internet.

So first things first, can you check where you music files and your playlist file are currently located?

Andre

Andre, I think your on the right track. I will try and explain what is going on the best that I can. 

In order to play music I have to sign into Amazon Music, my play list are on their site. So based upon what you are saying, I guess that I am streaming my music from Amazon. I can not locate anywhere music files on my phone or my laptop. Is there a way to download music from Amazon and into a folder, or does my list just remain on Amazon's site ?. 

So am I just S.O.L. on using Amazon as my music source ?

What other site is good for downloading, is there any service where you just pay a flat fee or is no charge at all ?.

You can download your purchased tracks or albums from Amazon, they will then be stored inside a local folder on your PC's hard drive. As far as I recall, the folder is not always very easy to find (not as simple as just looking in the the system's 'Music' folder) but once you've located it, copying the files out is easy. Sometimes you may find that music has been digitally copyright-protected so it only plays using appropriate 'DRM' (Digital Rights Management) software, but mostly they should be fine though. I've downloaded lots of my purchased MP3s from Amazon (for example the free digital copies that they provide when you buy a CD) and the files have been cleanly playable on anything, on any device.

However if you are only using the free general streaming service in Amazon Prime (rather than buying specific tracks/albums individually) then you won't possess any physical audio files on your PC, as it just plays directly from Amazon's cloud, in which case you'd need to use Amazon's own app to hear them on your phone too.

Andre

Archived