Batch Editing for Info/tags

• 2 weeks later...

Having to use a different app to edit multiple tags just seems like a cop out. Make the tag editing capabilities better and that will stop us needing another tag editor. Why stop at 'rubbish single file tag editing' just make it better.

Why stop at offering single track editing? The editing works well, surely it wouldn't take too much effort to let it tag multiple files. 

There may well be loads of apps that can batch edit but they really aren't up to the job.

I would really like Poweramp to take away the need to install 3rd party apps that don't do the job properly.

Many thanks.

4 hours ago, bongobill said:

Why stop at offering single track editing? The editing works well, surely it wouldn't take too much effort to let it tag multiple files. 

There may well be loads of apps that can batch edit but they really aren't up to the job.

I would really like Poweramp to take away the need to install 3rd party apps that don't do the job properly.

Many thanks.

I use AutoTagger app for batch editing but the app is not updated since 2018 and might not work newest android but soon Dev will release the much awaited update May be in August and it will support Real audio fingerprint scanner.

https://www.facebook.com/autotaggerapp/

• 1 year later...

I still feel you would be better using a proper, dedicated, batch tag editor app - of which there are dozens. Or better still, as there is a lot of organising of large complex lists, plus copy/paste work, a batch tag editor program on a computer.

PA does offer a quick editing method to change an odd tag, but batch processing is a bit beyond its remit - as is audio editing, which was also suggested recently.

Andre

• 2 years later...

I SWEAR I was just able to select multiple songs, then edit their tags together right before I purchased Poweramp in the trial version. 
Then, after buying the app because I was satisfied with Poweramp, I no longer can edit the tags of multiple selected songs.

Sometimes I want to edit the whole album! And Andrewilley, I have to opine that what you feel is entirely wrong. Why should I use another app when I  notice something amiss in Poweramp, go find it in there, edit the tags, then come back and rescan? Good thing you're not a product designer! 

4 hours ago, antony said:

Why should I use another app when I  notice something amiss in Poweramp, go find it in there, edit the tags, then come back and rescan?

Because Poweramp is a MUSIC PLAYER app, not a BATCH TAG EDITOR. It's also not an audio editor, image editor, music downloader, file explorer, video player, word processor, or many other related tasks that are better suited served by their own dedicated apps rather than making a jumbled "jack of all trades, master of none" shambles.

There are plans to add new features to the tag editor in the future though - such as the ability to edit the Lyrics tag - but currently making it a fully featured batch editor is not in any short or mid terms plans.

You have always been able to multi-select songs or library items by the way (even in their trial version) but for the purposes of using or moving them around in the Queue or playlists, not for any sort of batch manipulation of the files.

Andre