Bit improving

Gunawan

2 hours ago, Gunawan said:

Hai, i have using power amp for many years. I have a question about bit, my flac's song is 32 bit but in Poweramp it's showing 24 bit. How can i change that?

You mean that you are playing a song which is encoded with a bit-depth of 32 bit, and Poweramp uses 24 bit for its output to the DAC ?

There may be an option, dependent on your plugin and device, which MIGHT change this :

Settings > Audio > Output > [your active output plugin] > [your active output device] > Float32 Sample Format

But probably it won't, it's device dependent. If you really need 32 bit ( what for ? ), you'll first have to get yourself hardware that would support this.

At the moment, flac and ffmpeg both can encode only to 24bits. From the ffmpeg code, it may decode 32-bits, but hard to tell as I’ve never seen such flacs “in the wild”. Poweramp can decode e.g. 32bit WAVs.

If you feel your flac is decoded incorrectly, please share a link or otherwise upload it temporarily somewhere for tests. Thanks a much!

On 6/30/2019 at 1:36 AM, Gunawan said:

Hai, i have using power amp for many years. I have a question about bit, my flac's song is 32 bit but in Poweramp it's showing 24 bit. How can i change that?

I've always felt weird about the output showing 24 bit whether the file were 24 bit or not, so I actually am up with that too...

I do have quite a few 32 bit wav files and even some 32 bit wavepack files (.wv) as well, and although it probably isn't something to bug about, it does feel strange looking at Poweramp saying the file is 32 bit but output is only 24...

I'm on LG G7 and if I remember correctly it does have a 32bit dac. Don't get me wrong, the sound is still amazing and Poweramp works as perfectly as it should, but yeah sometimes the mind just don't let that info slide lol

7 hours ago, ScarletNeko said:

I've always felt weird about the output showing 24 bit whether the file were 24 bit or not, so I actually am up with that too...

So the Settings don't offer you a choice concerning sample format / bit depth ?

65201982546.jpg

What do your Settings > Audio > Output > [plugin] > [device] look like ?

On 7/5/2019 at 3:26 AM, blaubär said:

So the Settings don't offer you a choice concerning sample format / bit depth ?

65201982546.jpg

What do your Settings > Audio > Output > [plugin] > [device] look like ?

The only screen that has a float32 sample format is the AudioTrack Java based output, but it is fixed at 16bit 48k, I can't change anything, with or without the float32 enabled. Also the sound quality is worst even than the native OpenSL output.

On pretty much any other screen it looks like this. The exception is they don't let me change the sample rate, only the hi-res output let me do so (this screenshot was taken there)

Archived