Bulk Ratings

On 6/28/2019 at 10:40 PM, flyingdutchman said:

my app New Playlist Manager. You can rate a whole playlist [...] It will update the ratings in the Poweramp

I downloaded the free version to try it out. The features it offers are pretty amazing, but unfortunately I couldn't get it working for me. It seems to only apply the Poweramp rating to some tracks, and not others.

53 minutes ago, Dsnt lk lke anything to me said:

It seems to only apply the Poweramp rating to some tracks, and not others.

From what Max said originally, part of the reason PA does not write ratings back to files is that not all file formats support them properly anyway.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

From what Max said originally, part of the reason PA does not write ratings back to files is that not all file formats support them

I don't think tag format is the issue here. If I understand correctly, the options in New Playlist Manager for "ratings" is for writing ratings to metadata of supported file formats, and "Poweramp ratings" is for writing ratings to the Poweramp database. I'm using the "Poweramp ratings" option to apply ratings that will show up in Poweramp, but ratings aren't being written for some tracks when applying ratings to a playlist of tracks. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the songs it fails on. It's not any particular file type, and some songs are from the same album.

When you bulk update a playlists rating, a logfile is created in the playist_manager folder. On completion, a notification appears which you can tap in order to open it. It appears you did not look at this as it will tell you which tracks were updated and reasons for those that did not.

16 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

On completion, a notification appears which you can tap in order to open it. It appears you did not look at this as it will tell you which tracks were updated and reasons for those that did not.

I didn't notice any notification, but I've checked the log file, and it contains several lines of "File not found: null". The files are found and playable in Poweramp.

They may have .wav extension. These file types are not recognised by android. My routine ,looks at the android database  in the first place and then finds the equivalent in the Poweramp database, reason for doing this was  probably due to limitations under Poweramp v2. The routine could probably do with an update.

On 7/3/2019 at 7:32 AM, flyingdutchman said:

They may have .wav extension.

I don't use wav files. My music is m4a (AAC, ALAC) created by iTunes, and flac. I have a few mp3, but not many. The affected tracks are m4a (AAC), m4a (ALAC), and FLAC. I'm not sure if any mp3s are affected.

Don't feel compelled to reply by the way . I'm not trying to turn this into a support thread for you product :), and even though it's not working for me, I do appreciate the hard work you've put into it.

On 7/4/2019 at 8:22 PM, Dsnt lk lke anything to me said:

I don't use wav files. My music is m4a (AAC, ALAC) created by iTunes, and flac. I have a few mp3, but not many. The affected tracks are m4a (AAC), m4a (ALAC), and FLAC. I'm not sure if any mp3s are affected.

Don't feel compelled to reply by the way . I'm not trying to turn this into a support thread for you product :), and even though it's not working for me, I do appreciate the hard work you've put into it.

For those interested in bulk updating Poweramp ratings and mp3 ratings tags, I have improved the routines. (in paid version v2.62+ only though)

Archived