Chromecast output

Maddog510

Even though Poweramp has its own audio engine, when I'm casting Apple Lossless tracks to my Nvidia Shield are the tracks being transcoded to MP3 because Apple Lossless isn't 1 of the supported codecs for Chromecast or Android in general.

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp sends uncompressed pcm (16 or 24 bit, 48/96kHz) to chromecast devices, so if your track is loseless, it’s lossless all the way.

When I brought up the audio info in Poweramp, it indicated that hi res audio wasn't supported for the Nvidia Shield even though the Shield supports 24/192.

• 1 year later...

When streaming hiRes flacs 24bit 192Hz to chromcast audio (using Poweramp of course) the output quality is decreased. The display tells me (very small font at the buttom): "chromecast symbol" + "my personal chromecast name" + 16bit 48kHz.

I'm using 5Hz WLAN, direct digitial output connection form chromecast audio to active speakers with a toslink cable.

Is there a chance to get the full quality using Poweramp+Chromcast Audio?

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Chromecast Audio supports uncompressed PCM (which is what Poweramp sends) at up to 96kHz/24bit. You can request that via Settings > Audio > Output > Chromecast. However the actual rate used will be dictated by the device and its firmware. 

Andre

Perfect! That was the last tweak I needed.

Archived