various artist foulders

kevinlee.kssl

hi new to power amp (today). I have been building a media play from an old s6 and wd 4tb drive. Got it all working eventually and picked the power amp App to be the player as it seemed the best ast showing albums as art and could find files on the phone and hard disk drive. payed for the full version. And started transferring files to the had disk. I have a folder that has Christmas Music in with the files selected from many albums. I made this to play at Christmas (no Play list on my car radio with memory stick). However Power amp seems to have picked these files and displays the list of albums with each of these single song listed as an album.  Any one know how I can fix this problem? I tried naming it a playlist which made the playlist but did nothing for the Album list. I have now removed the folder from the hard disk drive and the album list has been cleaned up but I would like the folder back. Help please.

Ok, you want to group a set of songs from different albums together.

36 minutes ago, kevinlee.kssl said:

I tried naming it a playlist which made the playlist but did nothing for the Album list

What exactly did you do ? Did you add the songs to a (new) playlist ? If you then access the playlist via Library > Playlists , what do you see ? That the tracks belong to different albums won't have changed, but that is no problem. Or why should it be a problem ?

What I do with tracks like that, which may have originated from various different original sources - or maybe have no Album tags at all (such as Singles) - is to use a batch tag editor on my computer (I use TagScanner) to add the same Album Title and Album Artist tags to each file. In your case, you could just set them both to "Christmas", and then PA will see them all as one large album called Christmas. Leave the Track Artists as the correct artists for each song, no need to change those. Oh, and delete any track and disc numbers that might exist while you are at it, and they will be meaningless in the new context. You might need to get Poweramp to do a FULL Rescan after doing the batch edits. 

Andre

Archived