Messed up audio lengths

re:fi.64

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Works fine for me in latest PA, it's an OPUS file with Vorbis tags. showing a running time of 4:24. Have you tried a rescan (or Full Rescan) ?

Andre

Well, I ran a full rescan, and now the track lengths are correct in the Library screen, but every single Opus track I play has a length of 419:57:08. Also, sorry I should've mentioned this earlier, but I'm on the Android Q beta, and I don't recall this occurring prior.

Maybe a copy of my folders.db could help? (This is a rooted device.)

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It could be a Q issue then, if the files are not reading correctly for some reason? This would be one for @maxmp to look at though I suspect.

Andre

I just downgraded to an older, pre-scoped-storage build, and all the lengths are correct, so this is definitely something involving scoped storage. (Before I downgraded I backed up the music databases, just in case you'd need to check it.)

I just had a look at what they are doing with scoped storage - what a shambles! (I wrote something else at first, but as a moderator I need to watch my language) It's my bloody SD Card, in MY phone. I want full access to all of it, just like I have access to all of the files on my hard drives in my PC.

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I just had a look at what they are doing with scoped storage - what a shambles! (I wrote something else at first, but as a moderator I need to watch my language) It's my bloody SD Card, in MY phone. I want full access to all of it, just like I have access to all of the files on my hard drives in my PC.

Andre

Haha, ouch. I mean, in practice I don't think it's *too* bad, since you can still give an app access to all storage by checking the box next to the device name (which is what I had done with Poweramp). The performance loss from it is definitely real though, I'm guessing they'll revamp the implementation for R.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just tried in Q beta 4 again, and it's still like this... Could there at least be some way to disable Poweramp using scoped storage for now? It sucks to have to be on an older version with some particular bugs I keep running into...

Archived