How do you stop tracks picking up where they left off?

pops58

I've used this app for years and love it. Since the new release though it seems that if you skip a track half way through then go back to it at some point it starts playing from where you left it. This is a cool feature but not something I want to use, I just want every track to play from the beginning no matter what. I've looked through all the settings but I honestly have no idea what it would be called so can't see it there, I also don't know what to search for on the forum as I don't know what it's called.

Can someone guide me to it please?

The feature is aimed at longer tracks only, such a concerts, podcasts, etc (although you can turn it off completely if you wish, or make it only apply to songs over a certain length, which is the default). You can also set save-playback position independently for different category types (e.g. turn it on for Folders, but off for Albums) in the List Options screen for each view type.

Andre

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The feature is aimed at longer tracks only, such a concerts, podcasts, etc (although you can turn it off completely if you wish, or make it only apply to songs over a certain length, which is the default). You can also set save-playback position independently for different category types (e.g. turn it on for Folders, but off for Albums) in the List Options screen for each view type.

Andre

Ahh, that's helpful to know. I pretty much listen exclusively to mixes these days so the shortest track I have is about 20 minutes.

19 hours ago, blaubär said:

Settings > Library > Store/Restore Per Track Progress and ...Track Duration..

Thanks! It makes perfect sense, must have been staring me in the face the whole time. 

• 2 months later...

I just came back to using this app and have the same issue listed above.  Going to Settings> Library > Store/Restore  worked for other playlists, but for one, it just keeps starting wherever I stopped it before.  Is there anything else I need to adjust to correct this?  It's pretty important that my tracks start from the beginning automatically.  Thanks!

The option in Settings > Library > Store/Restore is for saving the position of long TRACKS, not specifically for remembering playlist positions.

Try going into the view for that Playlist (Library > Playlists > name-of-list) and then tap on the three-dots menu icon. You can enable or disable memory for 'List Position' and 'Per Track Progress' specifically for playlists only there.

Andre

Archived