On-the-fly playlists not appearing at the top

AD71

On v2, whenever you created a new playlist within the app, that playlist would appear above any 'set playlists' you may have imported as m3u files. This was particularly handy for creating random playlists that I might use for exercise or driving, and they were easy to access as they'd default to the top whenever you opened Playlists.

On v3, this doesn't seem to be the case. You create the playlist, give it a name and that playlist disappears within the alphabetical order of the other playlists. Quite annoying if you've got several of these lists and you''re trying to remember what you named them. I know you can re-sort by date added, but this isn't really the same and would mess up the order of my set playlists. As I said, v2 distinctly separated on-the-fly playlists from the others - without having to change any setting as I recall. Am I missing something? 

No you're not missing anything. All playlists (internal and file-based) are now treated as just Playlists, not as separate internal and file-based entities, and they are all sorted according to your requested Sort Order.

As a work-around, why not simply name any new/temporary playlists when you create them so they start with an underscore? That would force them to the top of the list. 

Andre

OK, thanks for the reply Andre.

That's a shame. It's only a small thing but was useful and saved time. Is it worth putting in a feature request?

I'll use your workaround, in the meantime.

Archived