Make Poweramp for Android Radio

Hello Guys and Devs,

first i love Poweramp for my Smartphone its the best music player out there by far and i hope you keep up your great work. 

recently i bought an Anroid Radio Headunit for my car and of course i installed Poweramp as the first app because i expected it to work as good as on my Smartphone but there are quite some Bugs that are probably resulting because the devs never thought about Headunits.

The several Problems are:

-When recieving a Call to my phone that gets transmitted to the Headunit Poweramp doesnt stop playing music. i have to admit here that the Bluetooth call function on the Headunit is an app to, so it might be because of this.

-When transmitting music over Bluetooth to the Headunit Poweramp cant play it, instead i have to use the crappy musicapp of the headunit

-Poweramp doesn't save the progress of Songs when i turn off the Ignition instead the song that was playing before turning off the ignition starts from beginning

I know that Users with an Android Headunit are a small minority and that i can imagine its a lot of work to understand how Android Headunits work, but i would definitly pay about 5 Bucks for a seperate "Poweramp Cardroid" :D version and help with feedback where i can.

1 hour ago, predestruction said:

-When transmitting music over Bluetooth to the Headunit Poweramp cant play it, instead i have to use the crappy musicapp of the headunit
-Poweramp doesn't save the progress of Songs when i turn off the Ignition instead the song that was playing before turning off the ignition starts from beginning

1) Poweramp is an audio player for listening to local files, it cannot play remote streams of any kind (which is what you would be asking the PA that is installed on your headunit to do: play a Bluetooth stream that your phone is outputting)

2) Poweramp does save its position - as long as it is shut down correctly of course. I'm guessing that your headunit is not allowing apps to cleanly exit though, so they can't save data. Try pressing Pause and then exiting Poweramp tidily before you turn the ignition off to see if this is the case.

Andre

1) Yeah i know that but it still would be cool if its possible to implement such a thing

2) I tried pausing already. Android Headunits are using a very strange boot sequence. While the boot sequence after a restart takes about 20-40 sec(after changing Factory Settings for example) the startup sequence caused by the ignition takes about 0.5-1 seconds. Its like a Standby Mode that doesnt require power at all.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:25 AM, predestruction said:

-When recieving a Call to my phone that gets transmitted to the Headunit Poweramp doesn't stop playing music. i have to admit here that the Bluetooth call function on the Headunit is an app to, so it might be because of this.

I've got HAL9K Android OS running on my Headunit. MCU3.01

Poweramp will not pause calls from incoming bluetooth. I keep looking for a solution to this problem for headunits because Poweramp is the best music player I can find for the car.

But when a call comes in, the volume keeps playing and actually gets LOUDER when you answer a call. I've tried workarounds, but nothing works.

Is this something you guys are looking into fixing for car Headunits or should I look for another solution?

I would be happy to pony up some $$ for a specific Android HeadUnit version.

FOUND THIS SOLUTION - It mutes the music, but doesn't pause the player. This will suffice until the devs (If the devs) ever decided to make it work for Head units.

You can disable the DVC in the Settings -> Audio -> Advanced Tweaks,  however you get poorer audio quality, but the phone works normally and the music from Poweramp gets suspended for the duration of the call.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:57 PM, bawalter said:

FOUND THIS SOLUTION - It mutes the music, but doesn't pause the player. This will suffice until the devs (If the devs) ever decided to make it work for Head units.

I have a better workaround:

first open Factory Settings with the Password 126 or 127 not sure and then adjust Bluetooth and the other Volumes to each other.

Secondly if you have physical Buttons on your Headunit the Pause Button will stop the music running while not affecting the Call. This Way you can pause the Music and after that accept the call

Archived