"Play Now" option?

Sbaloch

In earlier versions of Poweramp, there was an option to long press a playlist, folder, artist etc. and select "Play "Now" from resulting popup menu.  However in the current version everything is queue based.  Hence, if I want to play something immediately, I have to stop and clear the existing queue first.  This is annoying and unnecessary.  Am I missing a setting, not seeing the option, or is it truly not there anymore?  Please advise.  Thanks

1 hour ago, Sbaloch said:

However in the current version everything is queue based.  Hence, if I want to play something immediately, I have to stop and clear the existing queue first.  This is annoying and unnecessary.  Am I missing a setting, not seeing the option, or is it truly not there anymore?

Not, not everything is queue based.

The normal mode of operating the player doesn't use the queue at all : select an album, folder, whatever, then tap a song, then playing starts.

If you want to play a song or an album or whatever immediately ( while playing the category as depicted above ) then you enqueue it, the contents of the queue is played, and you are back in the normal mode.

There is an option in Settings > Library > Lists > List Item Click Action that decides what should happen when you tap a song in a list. Do you have that set to enqueue ?

Your problem arises because you use the queue as your normal mode. In V2 there was a "Play" button available alongside "Enqueue" to better handle this way of doing things. Its reimplementation has been frequently requested.

172019203435.jpg

Archived