Poweramp v3 not recognizing multi Genres anymore

Sorenn

Good afternoon,

First off - I've read many topics before creating this one, and I haven't been able to find an answer to my question. If I've missed anything feel free to move this message to a different topic.

So I've been using Poweramp for a good 2 years now and I've always been organizing my playlists the same way: I use a metadata editor tool to change the Genre of the songs and this way, through the Genre category on Poweramp I get my custom playlists. 

Now the thing is that before, I could assign several Genres to one song just by seperating them with a / . So one song's Genre could be "Genre 1/Genre 2/Genre 3" and in Poweramp the song would end up in all three of those individual Genres. But the new version doesn't seem to identify the / like the former one did - so now if I have a Genre written like the one above it will not appear in any of those Genres but will instead appear in one single Genre called "Genre 1/Genre 2/Genre 3".

I'm not sure I'm clear so I attached a screenshot as a basis for an example. 

As you can see on the screenshot, with Poweramp v3 I have :

• 834 songs in the Genre "Pop, RnB, Soul, Folk" 
  • 42 songs in the Genre "Pop, RnB, Soul, Folk/Feel Good"
  • 21 songs in "Pop, RnB, Soul, Folk/Melancolia"
  • 1 song in "Pop, RnB, Soul, Folk/Road Trip/Feel Good"
  • 1 song in "Pop, RnB, Soul, Folk/Road Trip/Melancolia".

Now, what I had in Poweramp V2 (and what I'd like to have again if possible) is :

• 899 in the Genre "Pop, RnB, Soul, Folk"
  • 43 songs in the Genre "Feel Good"
  • 22 songs in the Genre "Melancolia"
  • 2 songs in the Genre "Road Trip". 

I've been looking for a solution in the settings but couldn't find anything. I'm grateful for your help !

50237751_2034884020143520_1371998492066578432_n.jpg

On 1/4/2019 at 3:35 AM, andrewilley said:

Multiple genres should be separated by either ";" or "//". The old single "/" is no longer used as a separator as it was breaking pairs that are meant to be shown as single entities, such as "Rock/Pop" etc.

Andre

Archived