BT Headset pause/play bug

Zeljko1234

Hi

Build 815 and 816 behavior:

- music starts automatically when Bluetooth headphones connected. As is configured.

- pressing play/pause button on headphones, player pause the music and disappear from the notifications. How should be and how is working on the previous builds.

- pressing play/pause button again, player is not starting the music and not showing up in the notification. Build 814 and older work fine, music starts and player shows up in the notifications.

Under "Last Processed Commands" player is showing two messages for each single press of the headphones button (btw, I'm not finding the same option in the older builds). That's looking wrong. Please check screenshot. I'm guessing, bug is in new feature called "better head units media command processing" introduced in 815 build.

Setup I'm using is Moto Z Play, running Android 8.0 and Sony MDR-ZX770BN.

Interesting, play/pause function works fine with my another headphones, Sennheiser PXC 550, the same phone and the latest build 816. Strange,  after turning off Sennheiser and turning Sony on, play/pause works fine with MDR-ZX770BN as well?! Only what I did is to test with Sennheiser, turned Sennheiser off, turned Sony back on and now is working. But, as soon I turned BT on the phone off, then on, Sony gets connected and bug is back. Sony can pause the music but not start playing again. When is working, there is three messages for each button press. Please check the second screenshot. It's taken when Sennheiser was connected.

If I can provide more data, bug report or similar, just let me know.

Screenshot_20190101-185615.png

Screenshot_20190101-193829.png

I am experiencing the same issue with similar results as those shown in your screenshots with multiple responses registered for each button push.

Hardware: Plantronics backbeat fit, Pixel 3 running Android 9 w/ 5 Dec patch

Poweramp Software: v3 build 816

Issue: pressing play/pause button while music is playing causes music to pause as expected.

Pressing pause/play button again causes beep, music to play briefly then pause.

Pressing pause/play button again causes music to play briefly without beep then pause. 

Repeatedly pressing play pause as above will eventually play music. 

I don’t see anything wrong in screenshots, but the log is very incomplete (you can send/copy the log via overflow menu on that screen). That also can’t be reproduced with my devices, but those are always properly paired and I don’t have any other 3rd party apps which interact with bt buttons or generate those.

Try to change BT buttons processing to double clicks or long clicks and check if it helps. 

I am in a similar situation:

Poweramp v3-816
Galaxy S9+, Oreo
Bluetooth earphone Sennheiser Momentum Free

The volume control works (when vol + and - are pressed both the general bluetooth volume and Power amp volume are changed, also using other apps)

The play/stop button works

The double/triple click options does not work (I have enabled this in bluetooth options in Poweramp)

Observing the last processed commands I see that when I double click button in the bluetooth headphone, apparently no command is received.

But I noticed that a couple of times the skip worked and I think to know what is the problem: the Poweramp timing measurement of the double click is too fast for this headphone model, that probably is a little "slow" to send commands to the phone.
Resuming:
If button is pressed 2 times too quickly, nothing happens
If button is pressed 2 times too slowly, Poweramp stops
Very rarely, pressing 2 times the button, the skip command happens

Solution could be adding in Poweramp a tweak option where the user can set the time interval between clicks to let them understand as double/triple click by Poweramp

• 1 month later...

just tried with 820 release and bluetooth Momentum. Things are better but still 50% of times the double clicks are not recognized correctly (if too fast nothing happens if too slow the play stops and restart). This is more evident with phone screen off. When Poweramp app is open, things go better (but not perfect). I think this is due to this model of BT headphone being very slugghish when sending button commands but this can be easily resolved if in Poweramp a setting with the delay between the 2 button clicks from BT can be set by the user so everyone can adapt to a specific BT headphone behaviour...

Archived