Self-launching bug

Alex Lazov

Hello guys,

I've been using Poweramp for a long time and after updating the software few days ago I noticed many times that without opening the application it opens by itself (while the phone is locked) and also it plays music. So in order to stop it I have to click the X button from UI menu. I havent plug any headphones or connect via bluetooth to a device. The phone I use is LG5 if this matters. Does anyone have this issue and if yes how the problem can be solved?

Thanks and enjoy the upcoming holidays.

Alex

Poweramp can't self launch itself (even if you set options like resume on headset connection - there should be an actual headset event delivered by system - Poweramp is then started by Android to process event), something else starts it. More can be probably retrieved from logs.

Thanks!

Hi there and Merry Cristmas!

I tried to install few apps and investigate the log (LogCat app for example) but it didnt work, no information about the self-launch was shown. So can anyone explain how can I take the logs?

Thanks and many wishes for enjoying the holidays,

Alex

I believe that for security reasons (current versions of android),  logcat can no longer capture output, unless you have rooted your device. However, what you can do is install Android Studio which includes adb (android debug bridge). Although this sounds daunting, you do not need to be a programmer to get this to work. Once installed, launch the program, create a new project (any), connect your device and check out the logcat tab at the bottom. You will see the output there. You can select verbose, info, errors etc. You can also run adb from the command line but i gues this requires some level of it competence. You can always search the internet for the adb switches/syntax

It is all free by the way

• 3 months later...

Archived