File name in list view v3

raybies

Any plans for scrolling text entries to return as an option Max?

Or even an option to show the start AND the end of long overflowing test entries, with [...] near the centre? Or maybe just the ends of such names, with the [...] at the start of the line? It would be nice to have a Settings option for all longer text entries allowing the user to chose between Left, Middle or Right ellipsis, or Scrolling.

I have the same issue with many longer esoteric filename names where the difference is only at the end of the text, and a number of other people have made the same comment.

Andre

41 minutes ago, raybies said:

I think scrolling title would be best or reduced font size or wrap.

There does seem to be an awful lot of wasted space in the list views, they could easily show an extra wrapped line when needed just by slightly condensing the line spacing without even adjusting the font size.

Andre

Scrolling (horizontal marquee animation) text won't work in lists anyway - it's planned for main screen only (and it's not trivial due to transitions to/from lists).

Collapsing in the middle with ... may be a better idea for lists (though transition between marquee animation and such collapsed label is non trivial 🙂even more).

33 minutes ago, maxmp said:

(though transition between marquee animation and such collapsed label is non trivial 🙂even more).

Well if you will spend all that time and effort on fancy schmanzy visual trickery, I guess that's what happens when functionality needs gets in the way. ;););)

Andre  <ducks for cover> :)

Archived