folder.jpg in folders hierarchy

MrPeperonny

Hey Poweramp-Forum,

currently, I'm using v3-build-809.

My music collection is organized in the following folder structure: \Genre\Artist\Album\Track.mp3. Mostly, I use the folders hierarchy in Poweramp. When I'm inside the Genre folder where all artist folders from this genre are listed, Poweramp shows an album cover from onê of the mp3 files as folder picture. How do I change this to show a custom image like the band logo?

I have activated "prefer downloaded album cover" and added a file \Genre\Artist\folder.jpg but it still shows that "random" album cover.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Tally-ho friends! I came here to ask this (and a very similar) question so I'mma bump this. I love the new design (and the features) but I sure wish I could have a say in what image is displayed at the top in a folder. And also, choose which album/image to be displayed at the folder grid view.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted this in a different thread related to the Genre image but it applies for the Artist image as well. I'm hoping this bug is fixed so you can either choose your own image or not have the same image displayed twice.

"It appears Poweramp is selecting the genre image by looking at the first song (in alphabetical order) from "All Songs" that contain that specific genre tag. This would be ok if each song only had 1 genre tag. Unfortunately I have up to 7 genres tagged on thousands of songs, so one song in particular displays as the album cover for genres Chillout, Downtempo, Experimental, Instrumental, Nu Jazz, and Trip Hop. It would be nice if Poweramp would not use the same album cover twice when it displays genre covers. Is this a feature that will soon be available?"

On 12/29/2018 at 10:40 PM, Starfighter said:

I love the new design (and the features) but I sure wish I could have a say in what image is displayed at the top in a folder.

For folders, you can use an image file saved inside the folder, such as cover.jpg. Make sure that Settings > Album Art> Prefer Downloaded Album Art is turned off.

Andre

Archived