[803] Shuffle breaks after a few seconds when on a "cold start"

MaxOfS2D

After a cold start (app wasn't in memory or was force closed), the previous song will play for a few seconds, and then seamlessly switch into the very first song of the playlist, at the same timestamp. After that, shuffle is broken: the songs play in order (which is, in my playlist, alphabetical sorting) until you fix shuffle by picking a track manually or switch playlists back & forth.

Here's a video of the issue. Note that I am not triggering the first track switch: that's the bug. The button doesn't light up and you can't see the little "touch feedback" dot, which should be proof enough I'm not messing with you ;)

Thanks for the report. I don't think I can reproduce that. Will keep eye on similar reports, may be some specific reproduce details will help.

Poweramp can forcibly change track - if it's missing after the rescan (which usually happens during cold start), but it shouldn't play it (should go to paused state). There is no code which reloads it into playing state.

Can you please try to disable Initial rescan in Poweramp Library Settings => Scanner and check what happens than?

Yep, I can confirm that disabling "initial rescan" fixes it and that it is responsible for this issue on my device. Thanks for the speedy reply :)

In case this is important info: I'm on a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F) with Android 8.0, and all of my music library is on a SD card, not the phone's internal storage.

I can also reproduce this issue with a manual scan! See this video:

I have the same issue, it always happen in my Playlists. I will open the app and it will show the last music I was playing in the playlist, so if I hit play poweram will go automatically to the first song of the playlist and it will be in the same secs as the previous song was when Poweramp was closed. 

On 11/2/2018 at 2:22 PM, maxmp said:

Can you please check this build: 

Please let me know if it works.

It did!

Running a rescan while my file-based playlist is active is not pausing / restarting it / breaking shuffle anymore. Thank you :)

On 11/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, maxmp said:

Can you please check this build: 

Please let me know if it works.

Thx for the last update because it fixed! I updated my Poweramp some secs ago and it didn't reset the position of the track! 

v3-build-805-play

Archived