Option to hold "next" button to "stop after current track" instead of seeking

Single-song playback has been a (very) long requested feature, and one which more than six years ago Max said he would be implementing in his next release (see https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/3196-single-play/) , but I guess it got waylaid with all the work on v3.

The method I had suggested (and which Max planned to implement at the time) was a minor tweak to the Repeat button options and terminology as follows to make it generally more logical and easier to understand (especially as the term 'Advance List' was a regular source of confusion for new users)

Play One Song (stop at end of current song, in place ready to play the next song)
Play Current List (stop at end of current List, in place ready to play the next List) [currently called REPEAT OFF]
Play All Lists (stop at end of all Lists, in place ready to start again at the beginning) [currently called ADVANCE LIST]
Repeat One Song [currently called REPEAT SONG]
Repeat Current List [currently called REPEAT LIST]
Repeat All Lists (play all Lists then start again from the beginning)

For 'List', you could substitute the term 'Category', if you want to keep it in line with some of the other updated v3 menus.

@maxmp Do you think you could look into this again when you get a chance, as it would be a very simple yet very useful change and there are still regular requests for a single-play option. Maybe you could squeeze it into the official v3 release if you are already working on the code for next-song advance to resolve the reported bug in 799?

Andre

• 7 months later...
On 6/4/2019 at 9:58 PM, superluig164 said:

@maxmp Bumping this thread, as nobody seems to have seen it since this fateful reply from @andrewilley.

Actually it has come up again in the meantime, but I'm afraid I only asked for much the same as before (except using the new 'Category' wording rather than 'List').

I was discussing the Category vs List wording with Max recently though, which he said he'd look into, so hopefully he'll be able to implement that Play One option at the same time. 

Andre

30 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Actually it has come up again in the meantime, but I'm afraid I only asked for much the same as before (except using the new 'Category' wording rather than 'List').

I was discussing the Category vs List wording with Max recently though, which he said he'd look into, so hopefully he'll be able to implement that Play One option at the same time. 

Andre

Fingers crossed, Andre.  🤞

Archived