Off Issue With Album Art...

MortTheBeast

Can anyone explain this? I have a single artist out of hundreds "A Flock of Seagulls" and for some reason the album art will not show on the 2 songs. Even stranger is that it shows on the header when you look via Artist and then a small circular shows also... but not the freakin songs. It's driving me mad...

Screenshot_20180902-144341_Poweramp.jpg 

So apparently something within the coding doesn't like the prefix A in A Flock of Seagulls. When I went and changed everything from the Tags and even the Folder name to just Flock of Seagulls... now it shows the art properly in the songs. LOL. Waste of half a day because of one Fn letter.

Artist artwork is not necessarily the same as album artwork. Changing the name would have forced a re-scan of the folder/file, so that might have been all that was needed and it might still work if you change it back again. The indexing sort order should ignore the 'A' (just like 'The' and 'An') but I would have expect the whole name to be used for artwork downloading purposes (or is this embedded cover art?)

Andre

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Artist artwork is not necessarily the same as album artwork. Changing the name would have forced a re-scan of the folder/file, so that might have been all that was needed and it might still work if you change it back again. The indexing sort order should ignore the 'A' (just like 'The' and 'An') but I would have expect the whole name to be used for artwork downloading purposes (or is this embedded cover art?)

Andre

When I saw the problem I double checked the mp3's thinking something might be wrong them but nothing seemed out of order. But in any case, I ripped the 2 songs again  and re-applied the album art, deleted the 2 mp3's on the phone, copied the re-worked mp3's to the phone, re-scanned multiple time and the problem persisted. So then I thought maybe some wonky issue with the album art itself... so found another image and did the whole process again and still it persisted.

If you look at my image above... kind of makes no sense does it? Shows the album art everywhere but the mp3's. After messing about for half a day and giving it some thought... and my conclusion was that with having over 1000 mp3's and all having no problem except for those 2... the only thing left was the fact of them starting with the letter A prefix and I have no other artist that start with the A prefix. So I reworked those 2 mp3's to not contain the prefix... and boom... no problem.

I would be happy to upload those 2 mp3's if you would like to see if you also have the problem... or anyone else for that matter. All the artist that have THE as a prefix are fine. 

34 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Sure, upload them if you like. Do they fail again when you put the 'A' prefix back in the tag, or in the filename, or the folder name?

Andre

I could only upload 1, since both ended up being a touch over the limit allowed. I did just mess with the files within PA... I made one change at a time while re-scanning between each change. Started with main folder, sub folder, file name, artist name, album artist name and then album name... took me all the way too the last thing.... album name and then stopped showing album art. So for sure an issue with PA and the prefix of "A" within the album name tag.

Flock of Seagulls - I Ran.mp3

Archived