offline required license

Hi Poweramp! I have a tiny phone Motorola Defy with android 2.3.7 and I wanted to make it an mp3 player. I installed Poweramp from Play Store + I bought a license then the player authorizes the license and works correctly. Because I do not have a sim card inside or any other application on this device, so I do not use data transfer, I do not sync my account, and background data is turned off. After a few days Poweramp requires me to synchronize the account that I do not need. I am asking for instructions on what should I do so that I can use the player only offline. When I bought a license, there was no question about it but I would have to use data transmission to it.  

Please help - best regards Jerzy

Oh, I'm sorry, I have expressed myself badly - I bought the application with the license on the same smartphone on which it does not work now. After the purchase and installation, I received a message about an important purchase. At the moment I have a license installed but Poweramp does not work and requests a license from me even when wifi works and Google Play syncs with the account. This is the second such situation where I had to uninstall and reinstall the player. The situation is that I do not want to and I will not use the internet on this device because I do not see the reasons for having internet on the mp3 player

In which case, having reinstalled the main player and the unlocker (using the same Google account) you need to leave the device connected to the internet for a period of time (I'd suggest 48 hours to be safe). Once it has authenticated, it should (in theory!) not need to connect again unless Poweramp is reinstalled, system is reset, or ROM is updated.

Andre

Unfortunately, yesterday, when I found myself out of the network range, Poweramp display the ERROR CONTACTING SERVER message. And so it has been permanently. Then, being in range of the network, via Google Play I reinstalled the application and the license, clearing the cache play and restarts of the phone, but the message is still displayed. Please -  find a solution, I do not want to again again and again restore the factory settings to my phone.

Best Regards jerzy

Each time you reinstall the app or clear the data cache, the licence will need renewing again from scratch (meaning connected to internet for 24-28 hours again). Better to use the verify purchase option in Settings at that point.

However according to the dev @maxmp 's FAQ it shouldn't be happening at all once it has initially been validated. I do wonder if the Play Store variant in your very old Android 2.3.7 ROM could be the culprit here though. Please could you email poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com with your device and purchase details so this can be looked into for you. Thanks.

Andre

Archived